Travel: Beautiful Baguio

0 Comments
Having to spent most of my summer days canoodling with social media and endless Arrow episodes wasn't the ideal summer I would spent. So when my tita (aunt, in English) from Manila invited us over to celebrate her birthday, we couldn't say no. After all what better way to escape
from the summer heat than the beautiful, quiet, cool uphills of Baguio.
Every year, my aunt celebrates her birthday in Baguio; her birthday falls on May so it's even better to celebrate it in a not-so-humid atmosphere. The last time I've been to Baguio was 7 summers ago where I got to meet local celebrities filming their telenovela. One of them was Richard Gutierrez from the new E! reality show, "It Takes Gutz to be a Gutierrez". It's been too long since reuniting with this place and I've never felt so alive with the cold atmosphere. 
First agenda was the go-to tourist spot of Baguio which was the Strawberry Farm (Fields? for you Beatles fan!). We haven't been to farm-picking places so it was fun being a strawberry farmer for a day. I found some pretty red, juicy, humongous strawberries that would suffice our tummies. 
We, then, went onto visiting a museum of one of Philippines' famous and talented painters/artists, Ben Cabrera. His museum is famously called the BenCab museum. We got a little bit lost going to the museum; GPS took us to some other road but eventually arrived. Seeing his works were breathtaking- some I took on my phone which I will be posting soon. One section of his artworks was the erotic section and featured, well, some pretty graphic paintings. BenCab even has paintings for sale, ranging from Php 2,000,000-Php5,000,000. WOAH!  The museum seemed to be built on starting from the top and ending at the bottom, where they catered to guests at a cafe, Cafe Sabel. 
We ended my aunt's birthday with a quiet, fancy dinner at The Manor at Camp John Hay. Fancy, because they had a strict dress code of smart casual. I have to say I was pretty bloated by the end of the day and I swear to you, I gained some pounds back then. Lol! I'll show you soon enough what made me bloated and gasped for air soon. 

I'll be posting some of my photos I took with my phone during my trip to Baguio. 
Till next time!

Shannen
xx




You may also like

No comments: