It's Official- I'm a Half Marathoner!

0 Comments

It's been a long time coming. I finally achieved what I never thought I would ever do in my life.

I was never the athlete nor was I into being so active. Back in the day, my kind of active were binge-watching Gossip Girl and stalking boys at soccer games (I came from an all-girls school so boys were a new territory for me). I was that much of a "weirdo", you could say.

Fast forward to the present and my kind of active now is the gym, running and actually living a more active lifestyle. Running was initially just a workout that I would do when going to the gym wasn't the option.

But I had a friend who entered into the world of the triathlete. It got me interested when he told me about his training routine and the determination it takes to be a triathlete. And in particular, when we talked about running.

That's when the desire to train for a half marathon started. And finally, after a grueling 6-month training, I finally am able to say that "I AM A 21K FINISHER".

Sofitel Manila Half Marathon 2016 was the race event I joined for my first 21k.


To top it all of, I finished my first 21K in under 2 hours. My official time has yet to be posted and will keep you updated on what it is when the official race results come out.

People weren't wrong to say about the feeling of fulfillment after finishing a half marathon. Halfway through my run, I got really emotional out of the blue because I WAS ACTUALLY running a 21K. Who in the world thought that a girl like me could actually run a half marathon and finish in under 2 hours???

That moment actually proved to me that anything can happen if you really set your mind and heart to it. All I could think throughout that run was to "finish, finish, finish. You paid for this run, you trained for this run, now you finish this run." And I did- I couldn't feel my legs after but I did it. I can finally say I am a half marathoner!

My #roadto21k has been ticked off but this won't be the end. I'll be joining other half marathons in the coming months and would train me to my #roadto42k. So back to my training plan. I'll try to blog about my #roadto42k while I can if you guys are interested in joining the bandwagon.

And come February 17, 2017, I'll be ready to run my first ever full marathon.

So, I'll see you at the finish line.




You may also like

No comments: