Style Origins 2014 Mensweek at Ayala Center Cebu

0 Comments

Never have I ever grasped the thought of menswear to become so avant garde and couture until the Ayala Malls' Style Origins Mensweek fashion show came at the Ayala Center Cebu. Cebuano and Manila fashion designers featured their menswear collection that goes beyond the usual polo-clad shirts and Sperry Topsiders men wear.


Some I probably would imagine men wearing in the streets of Cebu, but others, I cringed but I've always been an admirer of designers with their own perspective and their take in fashion. So kudos to these bold designers and especially those male models who had the guts to strut the runway with some pretty sheer fabrics or no fabric at all (which I must say made me shiver to my bones if you know what I mean, ladies!).


Back to fashion and the show, I've observe a lot of the designers' take on the trench coats/ long jackets for the men but my favorite would have been Joey Samson's bold floral printed coat (I'm a lover being bold and going for prints). Blazers were a trend as well on the runway, both Philipp Tampus blazers (one sort of looked like splattered paint, and the other one was a solid pastel orange) were tailored to perfection, thank goodness! And don't make me forget the four-piece (I think it was four-piece) from Philip Rodriguez, my gosh, it was divine; any woman would get swooned by a man wearing this olive green-suit.A handful of designers showcased a lot of black, gray and white garments and a few showed off their daring side and went for brighter prints and colors; either way, all the designers' collections were remarkably impressive and unique.


As for the finale, well let's just say "shiver me timbers"...


(photo credits: Bigseed PR & Events team)


You may also like

No comments: